Quick Corn Salad
This sensational salad is a delight to serve because you can make it ahead and it's an easy way to put garden bounty to good use. With colorful ingredients like corn, tomato and green pepper, it's also pretty in the bowl and on your plate.
-Rita Reifenstein, Evans City, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, combine vegetables; stir in dressing. Cover
- and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free dressing) equals 64 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.