Quick Corn Medley Recipe
A garden-fresh medley from Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington showcases corn in a colorful blend with tomato, green pepper and onion. "This is one of my favorite recipes when corn's in season," she confirms. Cumin sparks this delicious side dish.
- 2 cups fresh-cut sweet corn (3 to 4 ears)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 1. Combine the first six ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in tomato and sugar or sugar substitute; cook, covered, 5 minutes longer. Yield: 5 servings.
2/3 cup: 96 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Quick Corn Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC