Quick Corn Bread Dressing
Marybeth Thompson of Thurmont, Maryland uses convenient pantry items to create Corn Bread Dressing, a swift side dish that complements the chops. "I revised a main-dish casserole recipe to make this unique stuffing side dish," Marybeth explains. "I've often delivered it, along with pork or chicken, to friends who are just out of the hospital. It always receives rave reviews."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) corn bread stuffing cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing, onion,
- celery, corn and water. Spoon into a greased 8-in.-square baking
- dish. Combine butter and mustard; drizzle over stuffing. Bake,
- uncovered, 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 207 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.