Quick Corn Bread Dressing Recipe
Marybeth Thompson of Thurmont, Maryland uses convenient pantry items to create Corn Bread Dressing, a swift side dish that complements the chops. "I revised a main-dish casserole recipe to make this unique stuffing side dish," Marybeth explains. "I've often delivered it, along with pork or chicken, to friends who are just out of the hospital. It always receives rave reviews."
- 1 package (8 ounces) corn bread stuffing cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, onion, celery, corn and water. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine the butter and mustard; drizzle over stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Dressing in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p21
Reviews for Quick Corn Bread Dressing(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review