Quick Corn and Black Bean Salad
I'm often asked to create "different" recipes for parties. This corn salad, cooked up for a barbecue, was an instant hit. Filled with multicolored vegetables and plenty of seasonings, it has great eye appeal and loads of flavor.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small
- bowl, combine the salad dressing, cilantro, lime juice, hot pepper
- sauce and chili powder. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Serve with
- a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 179 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 635 mg sodium,