- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Soy sauce, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoon drippings.
- In same skillet, saute carrots and celery in drippings until crisp-tender. Add the rice and peas; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in bacon. Serve with soy sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Quick Confetti Rice
"awsome! how shipin"
"Excellent. I just add onions. A keeper!"
"My husband loves this recipe. Asks for it over and over. The only drawback is that the vegetables are cooked in the bacon fat which can be a little on the rich side."
"Very good - went well with the egg rolls I made. Yummy!!"