Quick Confetti Rice Recipe
I still enjoy the superb combination of bacon and rice in this dish. The peas add color and a bit of crunch. It's so easy to make, and so good. — Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Soy sauce, optional
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. In same skillet, saute carrots and celery in drippings until crisp-tender. Add the rice and peas; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in bacon. Serve with soy sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup equals 202 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Confetti Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC