I still enjoy the superb combination of bacon and rice in this dish. The peas add color and a bit of crunch. It's so easy to make, and so good. — Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Soy sauce, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoon drippings.
- In same skillet, saute carrots and celery in drippings until crisp-tender. Add the rice and peas; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in bacon. Serve with soy sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Rice in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p37
Reviews for Quick Confetti Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review