Quick Colorful Tossed Salad Recipe
“This salad offers loads of healthful vitamins, minerals, enzymes-and great taste,” writes Debra Capperrune from Bradford, Illinois. “It's a pretty, filling side dish with all kinds of entrees.” Tip: You can substitute crumbled bleu cheese for the Gorgonzola and pecans for the walnuts, suggests Debra.
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomato, walnuts, cheese, raisins and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 228 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Quick Colorful Tossed Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC