Quick Colorful Rice Medley Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and let stand 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (prepared with 1/2 teaspoon salt) equals 139 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
Reviews for Quick Colorful Rice Medley
"Very bland. Husband didn't like it at all"