- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and let stand 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Rice Medley in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p18
Reviews for Quick Colorful Rice Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2011
"Very bland. Husband didn't like it at all"