Quick Coffee Torte Recipe
This dessert completes the meal. It really hits the spot.—Karen Gardiner, Eutaw, Alabama
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Grated chocolate, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and coffee. Bring to a boil; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and rum extract. Cool slightly.
- 2. Split cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate. Brush with about 1 tablespoon coffee mixture; spread with 1 cup whipped topping. Repeat layers. Brush remaining coffee mixture over cut side of remaining cake layer; place coffee side down over topping. Spread remaining whipped topping over top of torte. Garnish with grated chocolate if desired. Chill until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 254 calories, 12g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Quick Coffee Torte
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC