Quick Coffee Mousse Recipe
This delightful dish from Vernette Dechaine of Pittsfield, Maine, will become your go-to recipe when you need a simple but elegant dessert “Its texture is light as a cloud, and the taste is perfect for coffee lovers,” she says.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ice cube
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whipped topping, divided
- Additional coffee granules, crushed
- 1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In a small saucepan, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. Add gelatin mixture; heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Add ice cube; stir until ice is melted and mixture begins to thicken. Transfer to a bowl; add 1/3 cup whipped topping. Beat until blended. Fold in 2/3 cup whipped topping.
- 3. Spoon into two dessert dishes; top each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, dust with crushed coffee granules. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 119 calories, 7 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC