Quick Coffee Ice Cream
My husband doesn't drink coffee, but he can't get enough of this coffee ice cream! —Esther Bergen, Clarendon Hills, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups cold strong brewed coffee
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a Dutch oven, heat milk to 175°. Stir in sugar until
- dissolved; cool. Transfer to a 3-qt. freezer container. Stir in the
- coffee, cream and vanilla. Cover and freeze for 4-5 hours or until
- mixture is slushy. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Freeze
- until firm. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 319 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.