Instant coconut cream pudding mix is the key to these crunchy cookies that are perfect for dunking. "For variety, use chocolate or lemon pudding instead," suggests Susan Putkonen of Gilbert, Minnesota.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and extract. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Oat Cookies in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p57
Reviews for Quick Coconut Oat Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review