I've found a way to make coconut cream pie without a lot of fuss and still get terrific flavor. Using a convenient purchased crust, instant pudding and frozen whipped topping, I can enjoy an old-time dessert even when time is short.
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 to 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the whipped topping and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of coconut.
- Pour into crust. Spread with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Chill. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Quick Coconut Cream Pie in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Quick Coconut Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review