Quick Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 to 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the whipped topping and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of coconut.
- Pour into crust. Spread with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Chill. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Quick Coconut Cream Pie(5)
Sort By :
Addendum to my review below, you could also use the coconut cream pudding instead of vanilla, although the vanilla was wonderful!
I had an extra pre-baked pie shell after making a lemon meringue pie and was looking for something to fill the extra one with. Came across this recipe and gave it a try. I took it to work to have with our coffee break and the rave reviews were amazing for such a simple recipe. Several people told me it looked like a picture out of a magazine and I didn't let on how simple it was to make! I did make a couple adjustments, however: I couldn't find the 5.1 oz pudding mix so used 2 boxes of the 3.9 oz. Then I simply increased my milk to 1 3/4 cups. I also doubled the toasted coconut so there was more throughout the filling and a generous amount to garnish the top of the finished pie. This simple recipe is definitely a keeper and impressed everyone in my office!
I love my traditional coconut cream pie recipe that involves cooking the custard, but this is a great time-saver, super fast and very yummy. I use sugar free pudding and a lowfat graham cracker crust to trim some of the calories and you really can't taste the difference.
I have made this pie several times and my whole family loves it.
This recipe is so easy and fast to make. This pie is a family favorite.
The first time I made this pie I didn't get a piece because it was gone!!! Now, I make sure I get my piece reserved before I serve it to the family.
More Recipe Collections
- Coconut Cream Pie Recipes >
- Coconut Creme Pie >
- Coconut Pie >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >