Quick Coconut Cookies Recipe
I love coconut, and these drop cookies are really good. These call for coconut extract instead of flaked coconut and frosted cornflakes help give the treats a crunchy texture.—Patricia Doctor, Cocoa, Florida
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups frosted cornflakes
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in cereal.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 104 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Quick Coconut Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC