Quick Coconut Cookies
I love coconut, and these drop cookies are really good. These call for coconut extract instead of flaked coconut and frosted cornflakes help give the treats a crunchy texture.Patricia Doctor, Cocoa, Florida
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups frosted cornflakes
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in cereal.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 104 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.