I love coconut, and these drop cookies are really good. These call for coconut extract instead of flaked coconut and frosted cornflakes help give the treats a crunchy texture.—Patricia Doctor, Cocoa, Florida
Featured In: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups frosted cornflakes
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in cereal.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Cookies in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p12
Reviews for Quick Coconut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review