Quick Coconut Bonbons Recipe
My family and friends never fail to include these chocolates on their Christmas wish list. Luckily, this recipe makes a big batch— so my supply meets the candy demand.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 3-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (about 10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the milk, pecans, coconut and vanilla; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until firm.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls and place on waxed paper to set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 21 dozen.
1 each: 48 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Quick Coconut Bonbons
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"This is a great recipe."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC