Quick Coconut Bonbons Recipe
My family and friends never fail to include these chocolates on their Christmas wish list. Luckily, this recipe makes a big batch— so my supply meets the candy demand.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (10 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the milk, pecans, coconut and vanilla; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until firm.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls and place on waxed paper to set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 21 dozen.
1 bonbon equals 48 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC