Quick Coconut Bonbons
My family and friends never fail to include these chocolates on their Christmas wish list. Luckily, this recipe makes a big batch so my supply meets the candy demand.
252 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 package (10 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- the milk, pecans, coconut and vanilla; mix well. Shape into 1-in.
- balls. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until firm.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chips and shortening; stir
- until smooth. Dip balls and place on waxed paper to set. Store in
- an airtight container. Yield: about 21 dozen.
Editor's Note: Candies can be frozen for up to 3 months before dipping in chocolate. Thaw in refrigerator before dipping.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bonbon equals 48 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.