Quick Clam Chowder Recipe
"Not only is this soup a quick fix, but it's oh-so-tasty," states Judy Junwirth of Athol, South Dakota. Dressing up canned soups allows you to enjoy the comfort of clam chowder with a fraction of the work.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced/chopped clams, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 251 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 985 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC