Quick Citrus Tossed Salad Recipe
Just reach for this recipe when you want a nicely tangy change of pace form ordinary salads. Everyday ingredients come together is a delightful dressing that enhances the greens, vegetables, oranges and walnuts.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion powder
- 6 cups torn romaine or other greens
- 1/2 cup each sliced fresh mushrooms, sweet red pepper and red onion
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 10 ingredients and shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, vegetables, oranges and walnuts if desired. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 141 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Quick Citrus Tossed Salad
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2015
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC