Just reach for this recipe when you want a nicely tangy change of pace form ordinary salads. Everyday ingredients come together is a delightful dressing that enhances the greens, vegetables, oranges and walnuts.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion powder
- 6 cups torn romaine or other greens
- 1/2 cup each sliced fresh mushrooms, sweet red pepper and red onion
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 10 ingredients and shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, vegetables, oranges and walnuts if desired. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Tossed Salad in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1997, p9
Reviews for Quick Citrus Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review