Quick Citrus Spinach Salad
This simple green salad is the perfect partner for meals throughout the year. Every bite is bursting with spinach, raisins and oranges.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 medium naval oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup julienned red onion
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, orange peel,
- tarragon, salt, pepper and nutmeg. In a serving bowl, combine the
- spinach, oranges, avocado, raisins, and onion. Sprinkle with almonds
- and sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.