- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 medium naval oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup julienned red onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, orange peel, tarragon, salt, pepper and nutmeg. In a serving bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, avocado, raisins, and onion. Sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Spinach Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p122
Reviews for Quick Citrus Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2008
"I made this salad for the first time, but I wasnt impressed with the dressing...it was too tangy and vinegary, so I added more sugar and then it tasted much better and the tarragon gives it a nice flavor."