Tempt taste buds in the morning by stirring up this sweet and cinnamony breakfast treat. It calls for Alice's mix and just a few additional ingredients.
- 2-1/4 cups Quick Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, combine mix and sugar. Whisk the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p55
Reviews for Quick Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review