Quick Cilantro Chicken
If you like cilantro, you will definitely like this dish. It adds great flavor to the chicken along with the tangy lemon juice and caramelized onions. The recipe came in one of those recipe “chain letters,” and from the first time I tried it, my husband and I loved it.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, cumin and pepper. In a large skillet over
- medium heat, cook and stir the chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until
- no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining butter until tender
- and golden brown. Return chicken to the pan. Stir in lemon juice and
- cilantro; bring to a boil. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 260 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot