Quick Cilantro Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt, cumin and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining butter until tender and golden brown. Return chicken to the pan. Stir in lemon juice and cilantro; bring to a boil. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 260 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.