If you like cilantro, you will definitely like this dish. It adds great flavor to the chicken along with the tangy lemon juice and caramelized onions. The recipe came in one of those recipe “chain letters,” and from the first time I tried it, my husband and I loved it.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, cumin and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining butter until tender and golden brown. Return chicken to the pan. Stir in lemon juice and cilantro; bring to a boil. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro Chicken in Country Extra November 2006, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Cilantro Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review