“I recently learned I’m diabetic. I never thought I’d be able to curb my sweet tooth—until I made this!” Angela Oelschlaeger - Tonganoxie, KS
- 1/3 cup prune baby food or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the baby food, sugar, sugar blend, egg substitute, water, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the cocoa, flours, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into prune mixture until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with chips. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Quick Chocolate Snack Cake in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p16
Reviews for Quick Chocolate Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review