Quick Chocolate Snack Cake Recipe
“I recently learned I’m diabetic. I never thought I’d be able to curb my sweet tooth—until I made this!” Angela Oelschlaeger - Tonganoxie, KS
- 1/3 cup prune baby food or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the baby food, sugar, sugar blend, egg substitute, water, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the cocoa, flours, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into prune mixture until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with chips. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece equals 170 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Quick Chocolate Snack Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC