Quick Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mixes, oil and eggs until well blended. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Do not flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks (cookies will flatten as they cool).
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread or pipe filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Quick Chocolate Sandwich Cookies(12)
Sort By :
Quick and easy. Nice quick dessert to make for gatherings.
My daughters favorite cookie to make, its quick and easy and delicious. They keep well in the fridge and are a great treat straight from the freezer on a hot day.
My teenage daughter loves making these cookies and they don't last long around here. She has to hide them if we're expecting visitors. Only question I would have is about the yield. I have never actually got 6 dozen and I didn't think my cookies were overly huge. Is it 6 dozen sandwiches or 6 dozen cookies that yield 3 dozen sandwiches. Another note is that there is usually filling left over (that's easy to use!)
Very easy, wonderful taste, everyone loves them!
Wow these are great! Going to make them again at Christmas and will use ice cream filling in the summer for ice cream sandwich's. Teenager approved as well!