Quick Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Recipe
These cookies freeze well, so it's easy to keep some on hand for last-minute munching. In summer, I often make them larger to use for ice cream sandwiches.
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mixes, oil and eggs until well blended. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Do not flatten.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks (cookies will flatten as they cool).
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread or pipe filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 188 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC