Quick Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
These cookies freeze well, so it's easy to keep some on hand for last-minute munching. In summer, I often make them larger to use for ice cream sandwiches.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mixes, oil and eggs until well
- blended. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Do not flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes
- before removing to wire racks (cookies will flatten as they cool).
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in
- sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread or pipe filling on the bottom
- of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 188 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium,