- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mixes, oil and eggs until well blended. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Do not flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks (cookies will flatten as they cool).
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread or pipe filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Quick Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Sort By :
"This may have been a bad recipe for me to learn because I have made these cookies three times in a little more than a week! I made them for a party and they were the first dessert to go! I've received nothing but compliments, they are crazy delicious!!"
"Great Recipe - instead of oil I substituted applesauce."
"Quick and easy. Nice quick dessert to make for gatherings."
"My daughters favorite cookie to make, its quick and easy and delicious. They keep well in the fridge and are a great treat straight from the freezer on a hot day."
"My teenage daughter loves making these cookies and they don't last long around here. She has to hide them if we're expecting visitors. Only question I would have is about the yield. I have never actually got 6 dozen and I didn't think my cookies were overly huge. Is it 6 dozen sandwiches or 6 dozen cookies that yield 3 dozen sandwiches. Another note is that there is usually filling left over (that's easy to use!)"