My family prefers milk chocolate to dark or semisweet chocolate, so I created this recipe. Baking the pops on a stick makes them fun, but the cookies are just as delicious by themselves.
Recommended: 23 Homemade Kid-Friendly Recipes
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 12 dozen Popsicle sticks
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Transfer to a larger bowl if necessary. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Insert a wooden stick into each cookie if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 12 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cookie Pops in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p103
Reviews for Quick Chocolate Chip Cookie Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2011
"Very good recipe. It made a large amount of cookies which is great and saves time. Perfect for a bake sale!!"