Quick Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups shortening
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (14 cups total).
- 2. To prepare cookies: In a bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Stir in 7 cups cookie mix until well blended (if dough is dry, add 1-2 tablespoons water). Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen per batch.
2 each: 80 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Quick Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
"What is the best shortening to use? I don't like a flat cookie!"
"I've always had a hard time with chocolate chip cookies. These turn out perfect every time. And there have been a lot of times. :)"