Quick Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Recipe
This mix comes in handy when you need to bake a batch of cookies in a hurry. Add two ingredients, and soon you'll be serving warm-from-the-oven cookies as an after-school snack or for drop-in company. —Patti Bailey, Chanute, Kansas
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups shortening
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (14 cups total).
- 2. To prepare cookies: In a bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Stir in 7 cups cookie mix until well blended (if dough is dry, add 1-2 tablespoons water). Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen per batch.
1 serving (2 each) equals 80 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC