This mix comes in handy when you need to bake a batch of cookies in a hurry. Add two ingredients, and soon you'll be serving warm-from-the-oven cookies as an after-school snack or for drop-in company. —Patti Bailey, Chanute, Kansas
Featured In: 14 Cookie Mix Recipes
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups shortening
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (14 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Stir in 7 cups cookie mix until well blended (if dough is dry, add 1-2 tablespoons water). Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen per batch.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p51
Reviews for Quick Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2013
"What is the best shortening to use? I don't like a flat cookie!"
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2013
"I've always had a hard time with chocolate chip cookies. These turn out perfect every time. And there have been a lot of times. :)"
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2010