Canned soup and beans are the secrets to the recipe's rapid preparation. For even faster meal making brown, drain and freeze the ground beef when time allows. When ready to use, just combine frozen cooked beef with the other ingredients and simmer as directed.—Jean Ward, Montogomery, Texas
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup water, optional
- In a saucepan, brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, beans and chili powder. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add water if a thinner soup is desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Chili in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p11
Reviews for Quick Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review