Canned soup and beans are the secrets to the recipe's rapid preparation. For even faster meal making brown, drain and freeze the ground beef when time allows. When ready to use, just combine frozen cooked beef with the other ingredients and simmer as directed.Jean Ward, Montogomery, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup water, optional
- In a saucepan, brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain. Add
- soup, beans and chili powder. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20
- minutes. Add water if a thinner soup is desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 337 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1-1/2 starch.