Quick Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup water, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, beans and chili powder. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add water if a thinner soup is desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 337 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Quick Chili
"It was great! I just added red pepper, green pepper, onion, and garlic."
"This is our favorite chili recipe now...I use canned baked beans, canned black beans and add some frozen corn. I make lots and freeze in small containers for my guys to take to work for lunches."
"Fast, cheap and excellent taste. I have 4 kids and a picky husband who all gave this a thumbs up. Add some cheddar cheese on top for garnish with a side of cornbread for a cold winter's night delight."