Quick Chili Mac
“This combines my chili recipe with a pasta dish I make. I often serve it for company or potlucks and occasionally add taco seasoning or use beanless chili and add black beans.” Lee Deneau - Lansing, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili
- and corn. Drain macaroni; add to the skillet and heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 409 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 880 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.