Quick Chili con Queso
I love to make this dip for parties, because it is so easy and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. I double the recipe and prepare it in my slow cooker, because it will not scorch. This makes it completely worry-free when entertaining.Marie Stout, APO, AP
6-7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup chunky-style salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Tortilla chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover
- and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted,
- stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.