Quick Chili con Queso Recipe
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup chunky-style salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Tortilla chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Quick Chili con Queso
Sort By :
This is delicious and only takes take 5 minutes to put together and 7 minutes in the microwave.
Use a good-quality black bean salsa, like Mrs. Renfro's, and this will be awesome. I use a 1.5-quart slow cooker to keep the dip warm.