Quick Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe
"Whenever I make this soup for my husband, he enjoys it so much he never leaves room for anything else!" reports Laurie Vincent of Erie, Pennsylvania. "When you're pressed for time, it's a breeze to make with leftover chicken, refrigerated tortellini and canned tomatoes."
- 7-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes; add the tortellini and chicken. Cook 7-9 minutes longer or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 154 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 913 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC