- 7-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes; add the tortellini and chicken. Cook 7-9 minutes longer or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Quick Chicken Tortellini Soup
"I've made this for years. It's quick and tastes delicious!!"
"This is one of those recipes I tried years ago, and it's become a main stay in our household."
"A delicious soup. I added chopped onions and a cup and a half of smoked sausage cut into bite sized pieces. I found out by accident that it is still yummy without the parmesan cheese."
"I have made this soup many times before but version called for canned tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic in them. i also use fresh spinach and add it at the very end just so it wilts slightly, very fresh tasting. Super easy, super good!"