- 7-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes; add the tortellini and chicken. Cook 7-9 minutes longer or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Quick Chicken Tortellini Soup
"I've made this for years. It's quick and tastes delicious!!"
"This is one of those recipes I tried years ago, and it's become a main stay in our household."
"A delicious soup. I added chopped onions and a cup and a half of smoked sausage cut into bite sized pieces. I found out by accident that it is still yummy without the parmesan cheese."