"Whenever I make this soup for my husband, he enjoys it so much he never leaves room for anything else!" reports Laurie Vincent of Erie, Pennsylvania. "When you're pressed for time, it's a breeze to make with leftover chicken, refrigerated tortellini and canned tomatoes."
- 7-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes; add the tortellini and chicken. Cook 7-9 minutes longer or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Chicken Tortellini Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p14
Reviews for Quick Chicken Tortellini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review