Quick Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 10 slices process sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 10 slices process American cheese, cubed
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, optional
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute green pepper and onion in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, garlic powder and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the soup, cheeses and chicken; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the peas, pimientos and spaghetti.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Top with almonds if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 20-24 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 240 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.