Quick Chicken Stroganoff
I concocted this recipe for those evenings when I'm running late and everyone is hungry. Even my finicky 4-year-old asks for seconds. For a no-fuss beef Stroganoff, substitute leftover steak.—Phyllis Brittenham, Garwin, Iowa
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a greased
- 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken, sour cream, soup,
- seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in the noodles.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 340 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer