I concocted this recipe for those evenings when I'm running late and everyone is hungry. Even my finicky 4-year-old asks for seconds. For a no-fuss beef Stroganoff, substitute leftover steak.—Phyllis Brittenham, Garwin, Iowa
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken, sour cream, soup, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in the noodles.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Stroganoff in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p135
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Quick Chicken Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review