This heartwarming main course with lots of chicken, cheese and rice makes a quick and comforting weeknight meal. “It's a great recipe for people with full-time jobs,” notes Donna Burnett from Baileyton, Alabama. “Their families are sure to request it often.”
Recommended: 30-Minute Casserole Recipes
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) instant rice and chicken-flavored sauce mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook rice mix according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Rice Casserole in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p45
Reviews for Quick Chicken Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review