- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drizzle with lemon juice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Piccata
"Wow, what a tasty and delicious recipe! I was amazed at how tender the chicken breast turned out, and infused with great flavor to boot! I did change it up a little. Like other reviewers I used both wine and chicken broth. I added the lemon to the sauce instead of drizzling it on after cooking, and I also added a tablespoon of capers to the sauce. This one will definitely become a repeat in my house. I love that is all done right on the stove top instead of having to use the oven as well like most recipes call for."
"wow- that was easy, quick and a hit with everyone. I will be making this one often. I did not bother to pound the chicken, just cause I don't like the mess- and it was delish anyway"
"Really good and easy. A must make for any lemon lover!!"
"This a very nice recipe. Very tasty, easy to prepare. Made homemade noodles with black truffle butter. Yum. Definitely a keeper."
"This chicken was excellent. I didn't pound breasts but simmered for 17 minutes. Perfect! Served it with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms recipe from Pinterest. Great combo."
"Easy, tasted good and looked fancy."
"This was so easy to prepare and really tasted good and love that it was served with the pasta made it just perfect."
"This was good, fairly simple and a nice change. The only complaint I had was pounding the chicken :)"
"Very nice flavor!"
"I made this tonight for my husband & me. We really liked it. It was very easy & delicious. I will make it again, I'm sure. My husband loves chicken Piccata in restaurants, but I have never tried to make it. This was really easy. I'm sure there are more complicated recipes out there, but this worked for us just fine. Oh, I did thicken the sauce a bit with a little flour because hubby loves "gravy"."