- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drizzle with lemon juice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Piccata
"Very easy to make and so delicious. I did not have ckn breasts, so I used ckn thighs and it turned out delicious. Thank you"
"This was really good and quick and easy.I used white cooking wine and chicken broth.It took a little longer than the recipe said to cook but I think my chicken breasts were a little larger.The chicken was really moist I will definitely make again"
"I love this! I always add artichoke hearts as well."
"Delish! Quick! Easy! Would def make again!"
"This was very good and simple to make. I added garlic and onion powder. Will definitely make again."